The Grand Opening of The Landing is happening on December 27!
- 9 AM – Ribbon Cutting
- 9 AM – 5 PM – Open House, Cafe Specials, Giveaways, and more!
- 10 AM – Free Soccer Clinic for first 20 kids ages 7 – 10 – Register at Eventbrite!
- 7pm – Mandy Harvey Concert
For more details, check our Facebook page – The Landing Pittsburgh and our Twitter page – @TheLandingPGH.
The evening will be capped off with a special performance from America’s Got Talent finalist, Mandy Harvey. You can get your tickets online exclusively at Eventbrite. They make great Christmas presents!
The Landing is a community center that requires no membership. The facility has a full service cafe, indoor park, gym, and meeting rooms. It’s a great place to come to just hang out! Give your kiddos a place to run around without breaking the bank!
It is our gift to you. So, please, come and enjoy!
Things are coming along nicely! Rooms and areas are starting to be finalized.
- Gym is close to completion
- Main Office area is complete
- Nursery carpet installed and paint is completed
- Preschool carpeting has been installed
- Preschool painting has been completed
Singer/Songwriter Mandy Harvey, featured on the most recent season of America’s Got Talent, is performing LIVE in concert at The Landing in Moon Township for their Grand Opening on Wednesday, December 27. Doors open at 6:00 PM with General Admission Seating. Tickets are $15.00 each. Printed or mobile device ticket must be presented at door.
ASL Interpreting for the deaf will be available.
Mandy is an accomplished and sought after singer/songwriter, motivational speaker and performer. She has faced adversity head on and overcame a life-changing event at the age of 18, the loss of her hearing. Mandy quickly realized that her hearing may have left but her passion for music and the sharing of this joy would not hold her back. Over the past several years, she has motivated individuals, small groups and large international crowds and has often left the individual or audiences with a real belief that they can also overcome their personal barriers.
Eventbrite – Mandy Harvey
We’re moving along pretty well! Here’s the latest:
- The new lower parking lot is being prepped for asphalt.
- The preschool area is almost ready for carpet.
- Bathroom counters have been installed and are ready for sinks.
- The main stage lights and the house lighting have been installed and the stage is ready for carpet.
Lower Parking Lot ready to be paved
Wow, more updates to share on the progress of The Landing!
- The stage lighting has been delivered and is ready for installation!
- The floor in being polished in open field area.
- Our bathrooms are almost complete.
- The painting is being finished in hallway leading to the gym
Wow, these renovations are sure moving along! So well we have even more updates!
- The west side entrance sidewalk is being poured.
- The gymnasium’s drywall is being installed.
- The open field area is almost done being painted.
- Ceiling grid is being installed in the office area.
- In the auditorium, the stage and ramp to the stage is complete except for carpet.
Renovation is moving along well. Here’s a few quick pictures of how some of the finishing is going.
- The stage has been completely framed and plywood floor is being installed.
- The bathrooms have been painted and ceramic tile has been installed.
- Painting on the outside of the building is about 75% complete.
Picture 1 of 3
Stage is completely framed and plywood floor is being installed.
More updates and pictures to get excited about! Here’s the latest:
- Excavated piers and footings for new entryways.
- Poured piers for entryway.
- Prepped floor at main entry for finished floor.
- Completed electrical rough-in in ceiling of auditorium.
- Painted ceiling in auditorium.
- Installed drywall in nursery, preschool, and gym.
- Began painting exterior panels.
Preschool & Nursery Drywall
Picture 1 of 4
Drywall is being hung in the Preschool & Nursery.
Renovations to The Landing are still going well. Here’s the latest:
- Completed back fill and pouring of slab around elevator pit
- Removed and replaced rough concrete at gym area
- Formed and poured walls at ramp and stair area at new west entrance
- Set HM frames in metal framing (doors and windows)
- Continuing metal stud framing in preschool, nursery and center core
- Framing inspected and passed
- Electrical rough in continues throughout
- Plumbing rough in continues
- Building wrap installation completed in auditorium, open gym area
Side Entrance Ramp
Picture 1 of 4
Side entrance ramp walls and form for steps
Renovation has begun! Here are a few photos from inside the building of the earliest days of renovation.